
Honestly in 2010, are men still so brainwashed into what it means to be masculine that this product has a market. Women have these kinds of social pressures far worse than we ever will and I like seeing the young girls movements combat the destructive imagery girls have to contend with growing up people should love their body and only seek to change of their own accord... more on this in a future post. Guys on the other hand, have to put up with the faux macho imagery lest we're considered gay. It's bullshit, and it's used to push idiotic product on us like this one. I mean really they dare call this a shower tool. Like I have a tool box in my bathroom and this sits next to a socket set or something. Or this thing somehow has a drill attachment to allow me to finish up in 2 minutes. I'm tired of being treated like an idiot when it comes to marketing campaigns towards men. There was an episode of married of children where marcy asks what pretty women have to do with selling beer al responds "beer is marketed towards men and they must appeal to what men like and men like pretty women. Ergo pretty women sell good products ugly women tennis rackets, pretty women cars, ugly women mini vans, pretty women make us buy beer, ugly women make us drink beer." now I found that funny because it was an absurd level of misogyny but more and more it seems like that is the script marketers use to sell me there wares. I'm bored of it. Maybe this is what happens what you get older but pointless titillation doesn't do anything for me, and trying to attach fake masculinity to a shower sponge isn't going to placate any man who is that afraid of the gay, they could put racing stripes, a soap dispenser shaped like a gun clip and a stripper shaped docking system and it… hey that sounds like a great idea- GET MARKETING ON THE PHONE STAT!
No comments:
Post a Comment