Tolerance after 911
We are a nation of idiots. I could try to sugar coat this or qualify this but I won’t it must be said plainly. There is growing resentment for Muslims in this nation because of the terrorist attacks. This is dumb, I mean really, really, head-smack dumb. Al Qaeda is a political terrorist organization; they are not a religious organization. They are as pious as the members of congress who belong to “the family”, you know the guys caught up in all those extra-marital affairs this year. Let me put it to you more clearly, Al Qaeda sell drugs and kills innocent people, any reading of the Quran will tell you that these people are sinners in the eyes of there supposed messiah. Yet all this anti-Muslim sentiment is creating a self fulfilling prophecy. The big fear is that Al Qaeda will find Muslim sympathizers in the U.S. that will then commit acts of terror here. The idiots believe all Muslims are potential sympathizers and therefore should all be treated with suspicion, hatred, and persecution. The problem is when you feel like your country treats you with suspicion and hatred and is constantly prosecuting you for things you didn’t do, well you may just lash out. The thing is with the world today who are you going to turn to. A while back I said that X-men was a good analogue to the plight of the LGBT crew, well I’m going to recycle that analogy in this case Al Qaeda is the Brotherhood of evil Mutants. they can continue to exists because there are enough idiots out there who will persecute innocent Muslims for the crimes of murdering drug dealers that they will push a few into the midst of them and thus “fulfilling the prophecy.” You probably haven’t heard of Lynne Torgerson yet and if you do I hope you hear about her in ways similar to what I am describing. She is an idiot; unfortunately she is an idiot running for congress in Minneapolis. She is challenging Keith Ellison the first Muslim congressman, because while she believes "we cannot discriminate against anyone because of race, nationality, religion, sex, etc.," she also believes that due to certain passages in the Quran that Islam "is not entitled to full protection as a religion." If she can make that determination then I think I will go right ahead and grant Dave and Chris’ wish and declare football a religion and the Super bowl is now a national holiday. I want this woman ridiculed in the public square. I want late night jokes made of her, because these kinds of statements are obscene. If we don’t learn the basic tenets of tolerance now we will have much bigger problems in the future. I wish I could say things were better in Europe but it seems it is far worse there Switzerland I’m looking at you.
No comments:
Post a Comment